StoryOrigin is a marketing tool and community of authors that work together to build their mailing lists, increase sales, find reviewers, and stay on top of deadlines. Best of all you’re able to easily distribute and track audiobook promo codes!
If you distribute through Author’s Republic you can now access promo codes that are redeemable through audiobooks.com for your listeners and reviewers.
Here’s how it works:
With a standard StoryOrigin plan you’re able to control who gets a promo code, see your reviewers profile before accepting, and set up automated emails to follow up with reviewers.
- Set up a standard plan with StoryOrigin
- Email us at email@example.com to request your unique audiobooks.com promo codes.
- Once you receive your promo codes you can create an audiobook review code through the StoryOrigin Author Dashboard check out this tutorial video on distributing audiobook review codes.
Note: the video has not yet been updated to include audiobooks.com so some things may look slightly different.
- This will generate a reviewer application link which can be sent to your email list, social channels, other authors, or peers.
- Reviewers set up a free basic plan and apply to review your audiobook.
- You can approve your reviewers based on their profile and view data on whether they tend to follow through with reviews or not.
- If you approve the reviewer, they’ll receive an audiobooks.com promo code.
- The reviewer redeems the code on audiobooks.com/promo and they can start listening via the web page or through the audiobooks.com app.
- If the reviewer does not leave a review within two weeks an automated email reminder is sent out to get them back on track.
- You’re able to see all reviews as they come in and voila!
Benefits of reviews
Aside from providing you with feedback for future work, positive reviews help to get your audiobook into more ears.
In a nutshell, reviews are a form of word-of-mouth marketing that buyers tend to trust. Positive reviews help to improve your ranking in the algorithm, making you more visible in search results. All with the goal of leading to a little less browsing and a little more “add to cart”.
How to get more reviews
StoryOrigin has a great in depth guide to getting more reviews on your books. The community of authors offers collaborative services like cross-promotion through newsletters and group promotions.
Check out our other tips and tricks for promoting your audiobook.